Challengermode was founded in 2014 with the mission to make esports truly accessible for regular gamers. Today we're building a platform that provides the fundamental online esports infrastructure for all relevant stakeholders within the ecosystem.
With 3 billion people worldwide playing computer games and over 220 million people per month watching professional esports tournaments, Challengermode's platform is a place for regular gamers to congregate, practice or compete in esports. Our best-in-class tech automates tournament creation and allows gamers to easily play competitions across any device or console while enabling community building and monetization at scale for organizers of all kinds.
We are a tight crew with a high average tenure and we're excited to have new people join our quickly growing team.
We’re looking for a skilled Backend Engineer to join the team that will become a core contributor to the design, development, maintenance, and operation of the backend systems and APIs. You will be working with a talented team of motivated developers, designers, and product managers.
The role involves the development of new and existing features, working on performance and scalability improvements, technical design, and architecture. To meet current and future challenges, we’re always looking for better ways of working, new frameworks to adopt, and value staying on the cutting edge so long as it serves our goals and leads to better user experiences.
The platform has a microservice architecture and is primarily built with web technologies like .NET and React. However, nothing is static, and as tools and frameworks evolve, so do we. Although it’s qualifying to be familiar with these technologies, it's more important that you're not only able to learn but motivated to figure out new and better ways of doing things.
Who you are
If you love working with smart, ambitious, and dedicated people, thrive in a collaborative team environment, and are obsessed with ensuring the success of your team and its members - this role is for you.
- Preferably 3+ years of experience working with software development in a professional setting.
- Strong familiarity with programming C# and .NET.
- Proven ability to translate product requirements into elegant and effective technical solutions.
- Proven ability to lead without authority and work in a team to ship code.
- Solid communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- A Computer Science (or equivalent) degree - or the experience to make up for that.
- Extra points if:
- you have a working knowledge of distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- experience with DevOps and owning live systems in a production environment.
- you are experienced or familiar with any of the following technologies or tools: https://stackshare.io/challengermode/challengermode
Why work at Challengermode?
Challengermode offers you a chance to work on a quickly growing esports platform reaching millions of gamers and tournament organizers globally. At Challengermode, you’ll be a part of a highly ambitious and supportive team on a mission to make esports easily accessible for everyone.
We believe that it’s important to work hard and reach for the sky but we also believe it’s more fun to do so with friends and people whose skills you can rely on. Everyone on the team is equally adept at working in a team setting as they are working individually. Prestige is nowhere to be found in our company, everyone can talk to everyone - we’re happy to listen. If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
- High performance, skilled and goal-oriented colleagues
- A fun, friendly, and inclusive work environment
- Hands-on, freedom-with-responsibility environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied responsibilities and tasks
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to acquire stock options (after 6 months employment)
- Newly refurbished office located in central Stockholm
Location: Head office, Stockholm. You should be located in or willing to move to Stockholm.