Challengermode was founded in 2014 with the mission to make esports truly accessible. Today, we're running a platform that provides the fundamental online esports infrastructure to all the key stakeholders in the industry including players, organizers, and game developers. It's becoming the place for regular gamers to congregate, practice, or compete in esports. Our best-in-class tech automates complex competition infrastructure through game integrations and allows gamers to easily play in competitions on any device or console while enabling community building and monetization at scale for organizers of all kinds.
About the team
The gaming communities team is on a mission to make Challengermode the perfect addition to a gamer's toolbox. Gaming communities have formed left, right, and center on various social media and communication platforms out there. Organizing game times, keeping track of progress, comparing yourself to your fellow gamers, and directly competing with or against them was a difficult, scattered, and improvised endeavor - until now. The gaming communities team is rethinking Challengermode and its Spaces to support forming new communities and seamlessly integrating with existing ones by providing all the tools for everything game-related in one place.
As a part of this team, you will be diving deep into the motivations, goals, and pains of gaming communities. You will have continuous conversations with communities to gain and maintain a thorough understanding of the users' and organizers' needs and perspectives to build and iterate on a product that helps them fulfill their mission.
What you'll do
Design, shape, and communicate the product strategy. Translate the company vision to a product vision. Set measurable goals and track their progress and contribution towards the overall company goals.
- Through product discovery and user research, understand your customer and help the team focus on solving real problems, creating a product your customer needs and loves.
- Work with the team and relevant stakeholders to construct, communicate, and deliver on your product roadmap.
Identify problems, formulate hypotheses, test, learn, and repeat until you can confidently design and implement a lasting solution.
Combine your experience and creativity with experimentation and feedback to find the ideas that resonate with people. Strive for perfection in user experience while maximizing the bang for your buck.
Partner with growth, marketing, business, and other cross-functional teams to leverage your products and features to their full potential.
Who you are
If you love working with smart, ambitious, and dedicated people, thrive in a collaborative team environment, and are obsessed with ensuring the success of your team and its members - this role is for you.
- 4+ years of product management experience and a history of delivering value to your customers and stakeholders.
- You know how to inspire, motivate, and support a team to create and maintain a fast-paced environment that people are proud to be a part of.
- You value data-driven decisions over instincts and constantly strive to better understand your customers to design products that cater to their needs.
- You have considerable experience in gathering product and user data, both quantitative and qualitative.
- You have a successful track record of building, shipping, and iterating on products.
- You can create relevant business models based on an adequate understanding of market forces, user needs, and company priorities.
- You're an excellent communicator in both spoken and written language.
- You're passionate about esports and gaming.
Bonus points: Having previous experience with discovery-driven product development and growth and experimentation frameworks will help you stand out as a potential candidate for this role.
Why work at Challengermode?
Challengermode offers you a chance to work on a quickly growing esports platform reaching millions of gamers and tournament organizers globally. At Challengermode, you’ll be a part of a highly ambitious and supportive team on a mission to make esports easily accessible for everyone.
We believe that it’s important to work hard and reach for the sky but we also believe it’s more fun to do so with friends and people whose skills you can rely on. Everyone on the team is equally adept at working in a team setting as they are working individually. Prestige is nowhere to be found in our company, everyone can talk to everyone - we’re happy to listen. If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
- High performance, skilled and goal-oriented colleagues
- A fun, friendly, and inclusive work environment
- Hands-on, freedom-with-responsibility environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied responsibilities and tasks
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to acquire stock options (after 6 months employment)
- Newly refurbished office located in central Stockholm
Location: Head office, Stockholm. You should be located in or willing to move to Stockholm.