Challengermode was founded in 2014 with the mission to make esports truly accessible. Today, we're running a platform that provides the fundamental online esports infrastructure to all the key stakeholders in the industry including players, organizers, and game developers. It's becoming the place for regular gamers to congregate, practice, or compete in esports. Our best-in-class tech automates complex competition infrastructure through game integrations and allows gamers to easily play in competitions on any device or console while enabling community building and monetization at scale for organizers of all kinds.
About the team
The mobile gaming market is ever-growing and Challengermode is putting competitive gaming into the hands of mobile gamers. The mobile app team is rethinking the Challengermode experience to provide the most intuitive and smooth experience for our mobile audience across the globe.
As part of this team, you'll be designing, building, releasing, and iterating on an app that lets you compete in your favorite mobile games on your daily commute and serves as the perfect companion app to have Challengermode at your fingertips - anytime and anywhere.
What you'll do
- Design, build and maintain high-performance, reusable, and reliable React Native code.
- Work in close collaboration with the design team to create an extremely intuitive and engaging UI.
- Create excellent user experiences in all parts of the app - always.
- Set up and continuously improve the build pipeline and release processes.
Publish and maintain the app on the App Store and Play Store.
Track, discuss, and implement user feedback from the app stores and reviews.
- In collaboration with the mobile, product, and leadership teams, define, track, and push towards success metrics that contribute directly to the company's overall goals and strategy.
Who you are
You have worked with React Native apps in the past and have the scars and experiences to show for it (i.e. a proven track record). You’ll receive a lot of responsibility but also a lot of freedom. You should be someone who enjoys having a lot of autonomy and ownership as you will be wholly trusted to do your job - just like you can rely on all your teammates to do theirs.
- 3+ years of experience building mobile apps, preferably with React Native or similar cross-platform frameworks.
- You have experience in publishing and maintaining apps on the App Store and Play Store.
- You have a strong product sense and a habit to use this to inform technical decisions.
- You have a Computer Science (or equivalent) degree - or the experience to make up for that.
- You're an excellent communicator in both spoken and written language.
- You're passionate about esports and gaming.
These qualifications will help you stand out
- Experience with native mobile app development for iOS and/or Android.
- Experience building responsive and Progressive Web Apps (PWA).
Why work at Challengermode?
Challengermode offers you a chance to work on a quickly growing esports platform reaching millions of gamers and tournament organizers globally. At Challengermode, you’ll be a part of a highly ambitious and supportive team on a mission to make esports easily accessible for everyone.
We believe that it’s important to work hard and reach for the sky but we also believe it’s more fun to do so with friends and people whose skills you can rely on. Everyone on the team is equally adept at working in a team setting as they are working individually. Prestige is nowhere to be found in our company, everyone can talk to everyone - we’re happy to listen. If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
- High performance, skilled and goal-oriented colleagues
- A fun, friendly, and inclusive work environment
- Hands-on, freedom-with-responsibility environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied responsibilities and tasks
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to acquire stock options (after 6 months employment)
- Newly refurbished office located in central Stockholm
- Did we mention that playing video games is part of the job?
Location: Head office, Stockholm. You should be located in or willing to move to Stockholm.