We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer that will become a crucial part of the development and maintenance of the web application’s frontend. You will be working with a talented team of hard-working developers, designers, and product managers. The role involves the development of new and existing features, working on performance and scalability improvements, technical design and architecture, and ongoing training and mentorship of other team members. To meet current and future challenges, we’re always looking for better ways of working, new frameworks to adopt, and value staying on the cutting edge so long as it serves our goals and leads to better user experiences.
WHO YOU ARE
You have worked with large web applications in the past and have the scars and experiences to show for it (i.e. a proven track-record). You enjoy learning about new technologies and are experienced enough to be able to assess the relative merits of different frameworks and technologies (Vue vs. React etc).
To be successful at Challengermode, it’s necessary that you’re a self-starter, can take initiatives, and have a solution-oriented mindset. You’ll receive a lot of responsibility but also a lot of freedom. We often say “don’t ask for permission, ask for forgiveness” because we trust people’s judgments and we want to move fast. You should be someone who enjoys having a lot of autonomy and ownership as you will be wholly trusted to do your job - just like you can rely on all your teammates to do theirs.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience or a comprehensive set of skills and experiences that can attest to your seniority.
- You must be well versed in one or more frontend web technologies like React.
- You have experience with building responsive and Progressive Web Apps (PWA).
- You have experience working on and improving large and growing codebases.
- You have experience with build systems like Webpack, image and asset management, CDNs, etc.
- You have an engineering mindset (e.g. problem solving, first principles thinking, understand design, and research e.t.c).
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- You have a Computer Science (or equivalent) degree - or the experience to make up for that.
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of server/client-side routing, server-side rendering, client-side templates/navigation, client-side caching.
- Either experience or understanding of basic (white hat) and/or SEO practices.
- A gaming or esports hobby! You watch and/or play esports games. It's easier to create great gaming experiences if you understand the users' needs yourself.
WHY WORK AT CHALLENGERMODE?
Challengermode offers you a chance to work on a quickly growing esports platform reaching millions of gamers and tournament organizers globally. At Challengermode, you’ll be a part of a highly ambitious and supportive team on a mission to make esports easily accessible for everyone.
We believe that it’s important to work hard and reach for the sky but we also believe it’s more fun to do so with friends and people who’s skills you can rely on. Everyone in the team is equally adept at working in a team setting as they are working individually. Prestige is nowhere to be found in our company, everyone can talk to everyone - we’re happy to listen. If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
- High performance, skilled and goal oriented colleagues
- A fun, friendly and inclusive work environment
- Hands-on, freedom-with-responsibility environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied responsibilities and tasks
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options (after 6 months employment)
- Newly refurbished office located in central Stockholm
- Did we mention that playing computer games is part of the job?
Location: Head office, Stockholm