Challengermode is a design-driven company that puts user experience and visual design front and center, making this role a crucial contributor to the overall product development process. The role itself is cross-functional at heart as you'll inhabit the space between pure frontend development and user interface design.
As a UI Developer at Challengermode, you'll be joining a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product managers. Working in the product team you'll take part in the end-to-end process of creating and iterating on new features and products, maintaining what's already being used, and optimizing every step in the process. Moreover, you'll be heavily involved in the overall design and specification process of new projects together with other designers and product managers. In the future, you'll be able to drive and lead your own design projects and feature implementations.
Who you are
Generally speaking, we think that your knowledge of the design process is very good and that you have high attention to detail. Most important is that you're passionate about excellence - just like us!
What you will do
- Become the bridge between high-fidelity designs to polished and released frontend code
- Implement pixel-perfect UI and components for the modern web
- Work in full-stack software development teams to deliver new features as a frontend specialist
- Develop and maintain the Challengermode design system together with other designers and developers
You should have
- At least 2+ years experience in tech-driven product design
- Good prototyping skills (code and/or design tool)
- Very good Frontend/UI dev skills (HTML, CSS, React e.g)
- An eye for producing elegant web/app designs
- Cross-platform code for typical everyday devices
- Ability to architect efficient and reusable front-end components and abstractions
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
These qualifications will help you stand out
- Experience creating and designing animations and illustrations
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Experience with user research and UX design, and an ability to make actionable design decisions based on user/product data
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Framer, or other product design platforms
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other Adobe software programs
How to apply
To apply, we'd like to see some of your previous work - a portfolio or a link to your personal website, Dribbble, Behance, or similar. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
Why work at Challengermode?
Challengermode offers you a chance to work on a quickly growing esports platform reaching millions of gamers and tournament organizers globally. At Challengermode, you’ll be a part of a highly ambitious and supportive team on a mission to make esports easily accessible for everyone.
We believe that it’s important to work hard and reach for the sky but we also believe it’s more fun to do so with friends and people whose skills you can rely on. Everyone on the team is equally adept at working in a team setting as they are working individually. Prestige is nowhere to be found in our company, everyone can talk to everyone - we’re happy to listen. If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
- High performance, skilled and goal-oriented colleagues
- A fun, friendly, and inclusive work environment
- Hands-on, freedom-with-responsibility environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied responsibilities and tasks
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to acquire stock options (after 6 months employment)
- Newly refurbished office located in central Stockholm
- Did we mention that playing computer games is part of the job?
Location: Head office, Stockholm - you should be located in Europe or willing to move to Stockholm